Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Post #1 - Journalism

I would say that, as far as high school students go, I follow world news pretty closely. It is through this that I have gotten most of my exposure to journalism. I listen to NPR almost anytime that I am driving and try to check my personalized google news daily. There are a few reasons that I do this, the first and foremost is that I like to be informed and know what is going on in the world around me as it often has influence over my life. I have to say that I much prefer listing to news and journalists than reading it. One reason for this is that I find, at least on NPR and the BBC they live stream, there is less of a bias in radio than newspaper. And if there is a bit of a biased it is usually left leaning which agrees with my point of view in most cases. I think this gets to the one thing that bothers me most about journalism, when people are very badly, and often obviously, bias. I believe this to be true no matter which side it comes from as it distorts the truth and doesn't leave people to make their own decisions about things, that said I know it is really hard to write from an unbiased point of view and so I applaud anyone who is able to make this work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment